Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Feelin' Funky

Yes that's me!  I'm feeling funky.  Not this kind
Or this

A bit more like this
Or this

I find it interesting how one little letter can change the word.  I wish I had an extra 'N' and lose the 'K'.  Get it?  Funny instead of funky.

I'm not alone.  I noticed on FB yesterday, many shared the same emotion.  Friends are telling me as well.  Why you ask?  I think it is major post-holiday letdown coupled with just incredibly ugly weather we are having here in Dairyland.  

You see it has been like walking around in a pot of pea soup the last two days.  Foggier than a frog if a frog were foggy.  It is either raining or thinking about raining or just insulting us by spitting on us as we walk outdoors.  Lovely.

I'm harboring some deep envy for those north and west of here as they post beautiful pictures of very deep snow.  I wish that were here quite frankly.

So peeps what am I going to do?  Well first I will take a brief nap.  Then I'll go walk the dog.  Then I'll make a batch of this stuff.  It is just terrible for you in every way so I plan to wash it down with a kale smoothie.

I cannot be a Debbie Downer.  You see we have a small party planned for tomorrow as it happens to be a certain dog's birthday!  It probably won't be quite as big as this one.  If you are a parent, you know where this picture comes from.


That being said, I will go turn my frown upside-down.  I hope you can too if you are a Grumpy Grover like me.

3 comments:

  1. Like how you put it! Glad I am not alone either. Would you like to hear what happened when I went for a walk to try and clear away the funk? I some how tripped on my own feet, ripped my pants, skinned my knee, bruised my whole shin, have a swollen knee(don't think there is any permanent damage), but have been laying in bed all day. What a week! I might still be trying to find my smile. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope December is better !! I'm back at blogging..if you ever noticed I was gone..tee hee...Just wanted to let you know since you're the one that got me into it for the first time many years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this is what is wrong with me. I have a blog post written on paper. DD was using the computer at the time. I just need to get the week old post actually blogged. And I still don't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete