Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Wintry Wednesday Words

Biting.  Frosty.  Brisk.  No matter how you say it, I'm talking about cold.  It is definitely winter out there. I dress really classy  warm in the wintertime.  As noted by this picture of my leg/ankle as I read yesterday morning in my pj's and housecoat.
I have enjoyed the wood stove and all the heat it churns out.  I haven't enjoyed my walks and nearly refused to go yesterday.  Then she walked over and glared at me.  So I donned my coat.  It's a cheerful color but I notice in this selfie (that Lisi photo-bombed) that my eyes sure don't look cheerful.  Lisi's eyes are full of love and anticipation though...
I'm kinda ashamed to admit this, but I'm very glad we only have one holiday concert to attend for the MYP and it happens to be a high school one which is a good thing.  In the past we have sat through three choir and a couple of band concerts in a short span.  Meeshka.

Because of time and circumstance, the Chairman has worked basically night and day for a couple days now. Kinda hard for me to yawn on the phone and tell him how tired I am when he's slept about six hours in 48... Luckily the future looks less intense.  

Back to the subject of Christmas carols.  Who is Parson Brown?  And why are they needing to pretend their snowman is Parson?  I had to look it up.  It was a Protestant minister that would travel around and marry people.  Listening to the lyrics it makes sense.  The kids would stand before the "parson" and they'd pretend he was marrying them.  Don't ever underestimate the educational purposes of this blog.

We often hear about days where everything goes wrong.  Well yesterday was one of those days where everything seemed to go right.  I don't think we think about that enough.  I called and a replacement phone will be on the UPS truck this week for one of the MYP.  I had to run errands and did some exchanges and came away with much MUCH better deals than the original.  I made several food items that were sumptuous and the MYP said as much.  Even all the socks had matches while doing laundry (it's the little things you know). 

And speaking of things to pause and appreciate.  Lets be thankful for basic liberties and justice that we have and don't appreciate in this country.  Some people I know and love are experiencing real upheaval where they are living and serving.  We hope for the best possible outcome.  And that would be that they feel peace within as well as without.

Think this is enough words this Wednesday... 
"How much is that doggy in the window... the one with the waggly tail?"

2 comments:

  1. Umm, I knew that... about Parson Brown. You are also quick. I was looking at this blog an hour ago, not knowing you were blogging as I looked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for thinking of us... I guess that's us. :-) Today is a beautiful sunny day. No matter what happens, there will always be sunny days (and others, too). We'll keep plugging away here.

    ReplyDelete