Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Musings

He touched me gently.  He spoke my name softly.  He looked deep into my eyes.  Then he said those not-so magic words.  "There's flooding in the basement!"  That midnight cry brought me to awareness very quickly.  I grabbed a fleece jacket and slid in my faithful Crocs and headed downstairs to stare at the seeping water with my beloved.  Ugh.  Wet boxes filled with things we don't use.  Old carpet soaked with water.  Furniture that needed to be lifted to higher levels.  Three hours later we crawled into bed and slept fitfully.

Lucky for us it stayed in the storage room and the laundry room.  Lucky for us we were home.  Lucky for us we know a master plumber who lives very close.  Lucky for us he could come on a Sunday.  And lucky for us he didn't show us the plumber body part that many do (I checked).  The waste water motor is now replaced and water is now at the level it should be at.  That's about all I know about what the problem was.

Yes, a strange Sunday indeed.  We never-ever miss being with those we love on a Sunday.  This one was peculiar on so many levels because a snowstorm hampered our desire to go.  That and the fact we were not to shower with the water problem and a plumber coming shortly.  Strange indeed.

We recently celebrated a birthday with this happy couple that happens to be our relation. I just love grown men that love to be celebrated.  It was so fun to see him so happy.

He might be happy because this is his grandson.  Isn't he just the cutest little thing?  That's his daddy close to the same age.  He also has other adorable little grand-babies scattered around the country.
So it is the holiday break!  We are looking forward to a week ahead of time with special people for special reasons.  Time with family that is literally driving across the country to see us (and some others too).  Time to play games and eat extra food and feel deep cozy feelings with those we love.  

And!  My shoulder is almost at 90%!  I am able to wave it around without too much trouble.  I still haven't buckled up my ski boots yet, but I'm mentally almost ready!  But first, I might take a nap...

In case you wondered, I have no holiday pictures to send out as of yet.  Maybe they'll say "Happy New Year" this year instead...

2 comments:

  1. That is quite the plumber! He should run his own plumbing school if he even has the dress bit down.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't envy you your Sunday!! It was the same one that Jim woke to hot electrical smell, and we had a very hard time finding it was the furnace fan locked up. We were thankful for a furnace guy that brought us a new fan. It made Jim late for the meeting that day.

    ReplyDelete