Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Musings

I gotta admit.  This is me.  I'm not sitting on our roof  since it was -6 when I got up.  It's all relative though since there is no wind chill.  

 We've been dealing with the sickies around here.  Daughter #1 came down with a fever and it lasted exactly 24 hours.  I find the human body very fascinating.  Go up about three degrees and all you do is sleep.  The weather around here can go up and down 30 degrees and life goes on.  Daughter #2 got a rumbly tummy and turned into Dizzy Gillespie (I actually had to go look up who that was - some famous trumpet player from forever ago).  I digress.  She woke up Sunday morning still seeing her room swirl.  I was working on about 6 of my 8 pistons, so laid low the rest of the day.  I even did this!
And when I had completed my little 250 piece puzzle one piece was missing.  I was frantic searching high and low until one of the MYP gave me a sinister grin.  I may or may not have choked that child for hiding the last piece.

It is skiing season again!  The Chairman and the two (at that time) healthy MYP went already.  Conditions are good on three runs on the little hill near us.  I am garnering up courage to try this coming weekend.  Hopefully my shoulder stays attached to my arm this time.

This morning I saw this clip.  I predicted the results, but I still want to believe otherwise.

Someone posted on FB the question:  what makes you happy?  I have been thinking about it often since.  My list consists of baking yeast anything.  Cooking for company.  Walking on a warm, cold, or snowy day with my favorite dog.  Sitting on a chair reading with a warm kitty on my lap.  Spending time with my immediate or extended family.  Being around a table with good friends sharing life's stories.  Giving of anything - simply my time or something I have made.  Yes, these all make me happy.  But joy?  That's another list.  

Mused out.  See?  I don't feel as crabby now.  Because I gave a little of my time to muse.  Hopefully this ties me over as I scrub the kitchen floor and fold the mountain of clean clothes that awaits.

1 comment:

  1. You know what predestination is? That piece became predestined to be the last piece when Darling Child took it. Just think what could have been if (s)he hadn't.

    ReplyDelete