Thursday, December 19, 2013

Therapeutic Thursday Thoughts

However, I doubt it.  I'm not a psychologist.  Although I took tons of psych in college to help boost my GPA.  I'm clever like that.

Hmmm.  Where to start.  Lets check the phone for pics.
The MYP love to take pics on my phone.  Here is a panorama of where we live most all the time.  I like it because the house actually looks clean.  

There also is  a war between certain daughters as to who gets to be on my 'lock screen'.  

We attended daughter #1's high school choir concert.  It's a good thing I was wearing tights and not socks as they would have been blown off.  Wow.  The abilities of these young people are amazing.  And since I recognized a lot of the numbers from my choir days, I had to resist breaking out into song.  

Here's one I took at the dollar store:
Mouse traps set up right next to the kitty food and collars.  Me thinks you need a different cat if you have to buy mouse traps.

We do a little gift exchange just between our immediate family of five.  I asked our son what he was thinking of asking for and he said 'I don't know.  I have everything I need.'.  I nearly cried.  

Speaking of him,  Yesterday, he was vacuuming the kitchen area for me and was about half-way finished and said the funniest thing ever.  "I'm not going to vacuum under the table since it will just get dirty there again anyway."  Well my dear young man, that basically sums up a normal day for me.  If that were the case, I would no longer do laundry, dust, make meals or empty the dishwasher.  Because it just is going to need to be done again anyway.  

It finally dawned on me just the other day.  This is the last week before the holiday break.  I stared at the calendar and finally said to the MYP lined up at the counter eating... 'you don't have school next week'??? Duh mom.  

Here was a little of my morning entertainment yesterday.

Better call it a wrap here.  Hope it was better than a therapy session...I know it was definitely cheaper.

2 comments:

  1. I am resting after my laundry folding. I have more loads to do that will wait until tomorrow. It got ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious that he chose under the table as the spot that would get dirty again! I suppose it's harder to reach than most spots but, seems to me, that'd be a reason to simply not vacuum....teehee

    ReplyDelete