Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday Musings

Mundane Monday to you!  Actually my whole last week was kind of mundane too.  Mid-winter blahs have not only set in but settled down for the long haul.  "Only" a feels-like temperature of -18 as I type, so it must be warming up!

Here's a little something to ponder.  Someone yesterday mentioned something about a PIN number.  But doesn't the "N" stand for number?  So are we really saying your personal identification number number?  I looked it up and it has a term.  RAS syndrome!  Redundant acronym syndrome syndrome.  ATM machines are another.  Or are LCD displays.... get my drift.  Or snowdrift in light of the weather.

I believe the print is getting smaller on the pages and on my iphone lately as I seem to be needing to be grabbing my reading glasses more often.  It certainly can't be my eyes.

I overheard this last night in the kitchen.  'I don't want the butt!  Don't give me the butt!'.  So I ask yell from another room, 'what's going on???'.  'He's cutting the bread and I don't want the butt!'  Dear, that is called the heel, not the butt.  Although sometimes it almost looks more like a butt than a heel it's more polite to say heel than butt.  But eating too many 'butts' might just give me a bigger one.  Oh never mind.

Interested in personality tests that only take five minutes of your time?  You are?  Then go check out this site.  Someone recommended we take it for fun (thanks JW!).  I was skeptical, but it kind of nailed all five in our family.  We have a reliable realist, a social realist, a spontaneous idealist, an energetic doer, and a determined realist all living together in peace and harmony (well mostly!) here.

So yesterday, we were gone from home for nearly nine hours.  I luckily didn't have my phone with me during g.m. yesterday as a couple texts came in as well as a phone call from my picture-taking neighbor.  'Lisi has been over to our house for awhile.  E. took her home, but she went on to S's (another neighbor) house now.'  I texted back an apology and thanks and said we'd be home in 20 minutes.  The response was 'sometimes it takes a village'.  Apparently, Lisi was on the lam yesterday.  I think the level of frantic increased as time wore on as she was worried above all else that supper wasn't coming.  Spoiled?  I think so.  Both the cat/dog came rushing inside and collapsed on the floor and slept like none other for the rest of the evening.

Noticing at this time of Olympics that there are many 'proud sponsors'.  Are there any reluctant sponsors?

A mountain of warm, freshly washed clothes await my efforts.  And more mundane things ahead.  Mostly because it is a mundane Monday.  Riveting stuff, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Your mundane musings aren't mundane...they make me giggle...like not wanting the butt of the bread. That is genuine funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The print when I read doesn't get smaller exactly- it just sort of does this weird fade... ok- it gets smaller. They did not have that kind of technology when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete