Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Musings

Ahh yes.  The simple joys of winter.  Woke up to the flashing red sign saying we are in a winter storm warning today.  Meh.  Been there.  Done that.  They even keep school going through it these days.

This will be somewhat abbreviated because life isn't offering up a lot of interesting musings of late.

I think the longer I cook and bake, the more hesitant I am to try new recipes without wanting to 'fudge' them.  No, I'm not talking about making fudge silly.  I have an especially hard time with bread/roll recipes.  However, I am going to try for Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls today and I promise and pinky-swear that I won't change the recipe one iota.  Except for maybe the maple flavoring since I don't want to drive through a winter storm to get it.

We had some more friends over yesterday to share our food and fellowship.  I love what friends bring to a home.  New perspectives, struggles, joy, and Spirit.  It seems the more you have company the more you want to.

Daughter #1 brought home information about this site from her health class at school.  You can enter in the products you use to see if they are toxic or not.  Seems in the past that Johnson and Johnson had some bad stuff in their baby shampoo and such.  I hope I didn't shorten the lives of the MYP.  Tears would maybe be better.

I saw this video last week.  The little girl reminds me so incredibly much of what our dear daughter looked like as a toddler it almost made my heart hurt watching it.  She loved to get wet in the rain.  She still loves to be sprayed with a hose.  It still is such a blessing to have her in our family.  I'm thankful for little reminders of that.

Well I've got a date today!  It isn't considered a 'hot date'.  Rather it could be a 'cold date' with the big ol' mutt we call our dog.  Don't tell her I said that...

1 comment:

  1. I've been too distracted the past week to do anything much so feels really good to read blogs again! Good old Lisi- I'm sure she'd understand. As long as gets a little love, I'll bet you could call her just about anything you wanted!

    ReplyDelete