Monday, February 3, 2014

Monday Musings

Hmmm.  Where my fingers should tap to amuse the masses.

How about that picture!  Looks like the sky is on fire over yonder from our house.  This was taken by our friendly neighbor again who likes taking pictures of our house.  I'm not sure but maybe, just maybe she has a telephoto lens and is peering inside our windows.  But I doubt it.  The picture however is spectacular for some reason.  Wow.

I took one of those incredibly silly online quizzes through BuzzFeed.  This one was to tell you what your occupation should be.  Since I've been out of the workforce for eleven years now I was intrigued.  And then I was slightly surprised with my answer.  Ready?  A writer!  Yes indeed!  I just don't know how I'll handle all the fame that will come once I really put my pen to paper.  So maybe I better not.  Don't want my head to explode with self-satisfaction when I'm on the NY Times best seller list.

I am not into endorsing products very often.  However, I'll throw out a couple that I utterly love in my life.  My Sonicare toothbrush.  It feels like you have just finished up a dental cleaning each and every time.  The Bosch mixer I use more than twice a week to whip up bread dough or something else yummy.  It cost a bit up front but has paid for itself in the long run.  My Nutrimill wheat grinder.  Nothing like warm, whole-grain non-GMO organic flour going into another batch of dough.  The Norwex purple window cloth.  Our Honda Odyssey.  Yes, it isn't a swagger wagon.  I am certain I look like your average SAHM.  But I don't care.  It hauls our family and friends and dog and groceries and ski/snowboard equipment with ease.  I think that's enough peddling products for this time.

We had company this weekend!  Some came with their pj's and some came just for a meal.  One of the highlights for one of the MYP was the fact there was a baby in our house for 30 hours.




 
Well this might be enough for this Monday.  All is quiet here.  Except for the fact that Simba thinks I better get off the computer and to the back door and let him inside.  Now!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful sky over your home. I think I understand your neighbor's plight, too... she has a great eye for photos, she loves to take pictures, she loves to share pictures with people she thinks might enjoy them and the irony of living in her own house is that the beautiful views she sees are around her neighbors houses. Or maybe that's just me talking. :) I don't have a lot of norwex but that purple one is their gold.

    ReplyDelete