Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thorough Thursday Thoughts

Hopefully I cover a lot of bases today!

I promise I won't talk about the weather again.  I mean it is January.  We live in Dairyland.  It should be brutal.  And brutal it was during Polar Vortex 2014 - round 2.  In fact during a recent walk it was feeling actually very pleasant out there.  Enough that I loosened my scarf and took in the breeze.  Upon returning home I noticed it was 1 degree above zero with a wind chill of -10.  It's all relative I guess.

So what are the cat and dog doing these days?  A lot of this:
drinking fishy water

catching some zzzz's
So I broke down and bought myself a small box of Lucky Charms (yes I'm very aware they are quite unhealthy).  Basically Cheerios laced with old marshmallows with too much food coloring.
As I enjoyed them last night the youngest of the MYP shared something.  "I remember when we lived in the old house and once you were in a good mood for some reason and you were letting us eat whatever we wanted.  I took the bag of Lucky Charms out of the box and ate up all the marshmallows while I was on the computer and then barfed them all up that night.  Don't you remember?".  Um.  No.  I don't remember ever being in a good mood for some reason.  I don't remember letting you eat whatever you wanted.  But yes, I do remember the barf but I don't remember any clue that it was due to all the marshmallows in a box of Lucky Charms.  Kids!

Speaking of consumables.  Please don't do what I did last night.  I brewed a cup of black tea then didn't have time to drink it right when it was made and discovered it again near bedtime.  No, it didn't keep me awake.  But in a way it did.  I made four trips (11 steps each) to the water closet throughout the night.  Note to self:  tea is a diuretic mixed with water.  This has been a public service announcement.  Your welcome.

Tomorrow is a day marked on our calendar.  It is the birthday of my mother-in-law.  We often hear all the negatives related to the mother-in-law relationship.  In fact I was looking up a few terms and sayings on the internet and the negativity is nearly troubling.  So I was thinking of all the ways my mother-in-law doesn't measure up.  There are many things she doesn't do.  She doesn't show partiality to any in our family.  She does not meddle.  She does not come between the husband and wife relationship.  She doesn't tell me when the meal isn't really very good (and there have been times!).  She is not uncaring.  She never has said my house is dirty (and it has been lacking at times).  She is not unforgiving.  I think you get the idea...  

You are the other Mother I received,
the day I wed your son
And I want to thank you Mom,
for the loving things you've done.

You've given me a gracious Man,
with whom I share my life
You are his lovely Mother,
and I his lucky Wife.

You used to pat his little head,
and now I hold his hand
You raised in love a little boy,
and then gave me the Man.


Thought out!  Not maybe thorough, but I did my best this Thursday.

4 comments:

  1. Does that cat even know what else is in that water? Or does he just really like fish flavored water. That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah- and the reason to not drink tea before a long bus ride? Yeah, now you know. Same goes for night train trips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure on the tea thing and I have a MIL just like yours sounds like. Lucky lucky us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those marshmallows in Lucky Charms. I love that little poem. I didn't have a mother in law. She died before we were married. And I really missed out.

    ReplyDelete