Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Musings

How did Monday get here so fast?  I regret to say I'm not offering up much in the way of inspiration or entertainment today.  I feel a bit like this.
We had a nice weekend.  It began with a special gathering for the life of a special man.  I wish I were better at knowing what to say to grieving families as you walk through the line before the funeral starts.  Even though we've been on the receiving end of grief, it still is difficult to know just what to say.  Maybe that's just me.

I got back on the horse the skis!  
Will you think less of me if I share that I was nearly terrified to get back out there?  It may or may not have helped that the Chairman felt it was his serious duty to ski behind me giving tips on skiing success.   

Yesterday was one of those humbling parent days where you wonder if you've put one good quality into the heads of these precious young people.  Child A didn't like Child B*.  Child B did not want Child C breathing the same air.  Child A and Child C started having another disagreement.  Since we had an extra child in our home, I only could give the stink eye and hope my pleading eyes would cause them to stop.  I went to bed feeling like I need to read some parenting books.  But by this morning when all was peaceful, calm and still and they returned for an extra hug before school, it was worth it.  Even the stink eye.  
* ed note:  the letters were chosen at random to protect the identity of the aforementioned children 

We got the first advertisement in the mail addressed to the oldest of our flock announcing the drivers training schedule.  Really?  She just was riding her Fisher-Price plastic trike with the parent push handle yesterday wasn't she?  Why is time going so fast?  

I've been having a disturbing amount of cravings for Lucky Charms.  The MYP can't stand them.  The Chairman thinks they are just an ounce away from pure sugar.  So I won't buy them for just myself.  **sigh**

Did you know they sell these?
Right next to the microwave popcorn are hot and spicy microwaveable pork rinds!  For real!  Looks like they are low carb though!  

Had a little fun with Lisi last night.  She was yearning for a few Cheerios from one of the MYP.  So I tested her abilities at resistance.  I lined them up around her on the dog bed and walked away to get my phone and came back.  She waited very patiently for the ok to go ahead and nosh away!  Good girl Lisi! 
And finally, I enjoyed this short video this morning.  

Well if this is the case, I better call it a Muse today.  Happy Monday!
 

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I want to ski again. When I quit a few years ago, I was just getting the hang of it, but my daughter hyper-extended her shoulder just when I got my skis on. Now, this matter of a "floating" piece of skull in my forehead gives me pause. (It is pinned down)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even when you feel you have nothing to muse about it, it is a most interesting read! AND Lisi is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So which flavor of pork rinds did you get???
    If those were the Reese's cereal cravings I'd totally understand! Funny that the kids don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps- the driver's training bit is hard to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. COME VISIT! I couldn't resist the two-pack of LC's that were on an extra sale at Sam's the other week. So not only do we have LC's here, we have two MONSTROUS boxes.

    ReplyDelete