Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

I didn't think I had any thoughts (please don't judge), but I found a few rattling in my head as I showered this morning.

I've started to crochet again.  I finished my 2nd project - an afghan that at first the MYP labeled as 'ugly'.  Funny thing is that once it was finished I heard two of them mildly bickering who would get it on their bed.  It obviously was a labor of love on my part and a jockeying for position on theirs.  I've just purchased some delicious new yarn.
It was challenging at first to work with, but now I'm humming along on a new scarf.  I was hoping it for myself, but I heard a request already.

I've hesitated crocheting as I've always thought of elderly ones with lunch lady arms working away as they wait to die.  But I know some people that do it and I don't think of them as elderly with lunch lady arms planning for their demise.  And I saw a perky 20-something lady in her North Face jacket and Ugg boots buying some skeins of thick wool yesterday.  Unless she was buying it for her Grandma....

Someone reminded me lately how super glue works very good for the cracked fingertips that those of us living in the frozen tundra often get during the winter.  I was telling the Chairman about it riding along the other day and one of the MYP pipes up from the back, 'I think M. should use it on her chapped lips.'

I have nice parents.  I'm very aware of that.  And many of you are aware of that.  However, once they get on a plane in the dead of winter, they use technology and slightly sadistic tendencies to send us pictures from the balcony of their hotel.  This came in the other day as I was shoveling.  
So I responded by immediately taking a picture of what I was looking out at.  That would be darkness, snow falling and a snowbank.  
Lisi is gone.  Now don't panic.  She'll be back!  It's just for today.  She was starting to smell more than just like a stinky dog.  She was starting to reek.  Hopefully when the call comes in a few hours, she returns smelling like roses or peaches n cream.  As the groomer came out to get her, Lisi was thrilled to see her again.  I enjoyed that Lisi has a testimony there.  She said, 'Lisi is one of the dogs I groom that always is happy.'.  Wish they could say that about me.  

Well enough Thursday Thoughts for this day.  I need to get a few things accomplished so that when the family all returns in a few hours I can say what I actually did and not just say I had some thoughts today!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for not delegating me to the group of "elderly with the lunch lady arms"! Enjoy your crocheting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would have taken more photos, or else a count of everything I've knitted and crocheted the last year. I just finished another for a grad gift. A throw size this time. And I love your comment about the first reaction towards the afghan. It made me think of my DD comment to her parents lately, "I get to choose your outfits for graduation." HA

    ReplyDelete