Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday Musings

Back in the musings saddle I sit.  At least this Monday it isn't -467 degrees below zero like last week.  I may or may not have exaggerated a bit.

I think the musings will be very random today.

I have 64 eggs in the fridge.  Why you ask?  Every time I went to the store recently, I thought I needed more.  Apparently I didn't.  Frittata?  Quiche?  Scrambled?  Fried?  Poached?  I've got you covered.

One of the MYP asked me last night, 'why is it that when ladies become moms they are not fun anymore?  They just seem way more serious about everything.'  I just said maybe it is because a part of their heart is outside their body and they have to be sure and protect it.  I'm not sure when that ends.  Maybe never.

Here's a few pictures pulled off my phone.  It's an amazing device the phone.  It records life in so many ways.
Since she couldn't go to Starbucks she wanted to make one at home.

The neighbor texted this pic to me yesterday morning of our abode.  I'm wondering if I should text a picture of their house back to them?  
Working on her King Tut project.  I think Simba was wishing he lived in Egypt so he'd be worshipped.  

This was taken on my phone this am unbeknownst to me.  I'm not sure what we're looking at...but I do find my growing brow lines disturbing.  And the fact I really love my purple robe.
I recently came across a thought that I had heard years ago.  It's about how people are when they go into a room.  There are those that are, 'here I am!!!', and those that are, 'there you are!!!'.  We all know which one is the better choice.

Another thought that was shared this week about marriage.  It always ends in sadness.  At first I didn't want to believe it.  But when you give it thought, it is true to some extent.

In that vein, some dear people lost a husband and father just two days ago.  His wife poured out her life for her husband since his diagnosis nearly two years ago.  She tirelessly cared for him.  Took him to appointments.  Would share in the positives and negatives of their journey through this terrible disease together.  And she tenderly tended to his every need until the very end.  Her example as a good wife is not unnoticed.  The children rallied around to help out in any way they could.  And the dear man that died?  As his wife so beautifully said, "he went very quiet and peacefully.  Just like his nature." One quality about him I was so impressed with is that he didn't complain and had a happy countenance in the midst of illness.  

I think I'm mused out.  Off to more mundane things then musing...

2 comments:

  1. If I wanted 64 eggs in the fridge, I would have to have about 30 chickens. Ours don't like to lay eggs for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had something like that many eggs in our fridge a few years ago only it was because people kept giving them to us. They were rather special eggs!!
    Love your answer about the heart of a mom.

    ReplyDelete