Thursday, January 2, 2014

Thursday Musings

Not as catchy.  That's why I try to do it on Mondays.  However since I love to muse and I feel I owe it to the umpteen thousands that check in frequently, I'll muse despite it being a Thursday.

Where to start?  The holidays are now over.  They were indeed happy.  Family.  Friends.  Festivities.  I counted up and for almost two weeks we were somewhere with others or the others were with us each and every day.  I often thought I would enjoy living like some we love do.  They go from home to home, visit to visit sharing and caring with others.  But I found my breaking point was about 11 days if I did it on my own power.

My mostly nice older brother and his lovely wife and children visited a couple of days.  My mostly nice older brother was exactly that.  Meaning there was a little bit of not nice.  One of the MYP people asked after they left, 'why does he pick on you like that?'.  Well my dear, it simply means he loves me an incredible amount.  I like to think that.  And I don't like to think that it might be another year before we see each other.

We had a wonderful New Years Eve.  Super-nice friends and lots of wonderful young people.  Good visits.  Singing.  Games.  Delicious food.  Happy sigh.   I had a lingering headache most of yesterday without the aid of booze.  I'm not a crawl-into-bed-at 2:30 kind of person.  Bet that's hard to believe, eh?


The school district here showed no mercy.  The MYP returned the day after New Years Day.  I had a child that woke me up twice last night telling me he/she couldn't sleep.  The alarm sounded this am and there were audible groans coming from that room.  I'm sure glad I'm not a teacher today.  One of our precious progeny was frantically writing a recap of a book last night at 10:01 that could have been done anytime between December 22 and today.  I don't think he/she made a NYs resolution about procrastination.
Speaking of resolutions... I am doing the same one I always do.  I resolve to not do a resolution.  That way I can always feel good about myself.  Heh heh.  I guess I live life simply.  If you put First things first, the rest falls into place.  Relationships.  Goals.  Success.  Health.  You name it.

So winter has laid a heavy hand on Dairyland.  We've gone from super-cold to snow to super-cold with snow.  The forecast ahead looks promising if you enjoy frostbite.  The high on Monday so far is -11 without the aid of wind.

Well enough musings for this Thursday.  I don't want to run out of material before Monday arrives!  Hope you all have had a wonderful holiday season as we have.  All the best in 2014!

2 comments:

  1. We were SO close to you Sunday and Monday!! Hopefully there will be another time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you in 2014!
    Ps- You made me smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete