Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thankful Thursday Thoughts

Well the "Arctic Vortex" has now left.  It feels like it's just plain balmy out there at 18 degrees. It's all your perspective I guess!

Yes, the MYP are back in school again.  It was actually quite nice to have them around.  Well the girls anyway.  They had invited a couple friends over to help squander a perfectly good "Arctic Vortex" day away.
Playing duets

Ages 14, 13, 12, and 11!  
Son #1 was at the 'boy house'.  When he returned this is what I saw:
Looks like utter peace doesn't it?  Well immediately after I took the picture I hopped over him to add wood to the fire and accidentally kicked him in the head.  Lets just say I got a dirty-dog-stare, and a very heavy sigh...

We recently were at this house to celebrate a good friends birthday.
I love having our MYP exposed to foods from other countries.  Approximately ten years ago we were first invited to have dinner with this family.  Our MYP were all googly-moogly-eyed looking at the choices.  Now I overheard our daughter say to her friend, 'I sure hope you're having paratha with chicken today!'.  How many 11-year old picky eaters know what paratha is?  Much less, request it!

This morning I stood before the great big 3-D machine.   "Bonnie" was a wonderful person that walked me through the experience for the third time in just over a year.
And after four scans and a 10-minute wait I saw a smiling face enter the door with the expression of 'good news!'.  I don't have to return for one.  whole.  year.  Last year at this time I was a "6 month" patient.  So I consider this very good news!

Yes, the sun is shining!  And on this Thursday, I'm thinking 'thankful thoughts'.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your scans are clear. We are burning through firewood at a great rate, but it isn't as cold "down south" were we are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your all clear scan. So very nerve wracking, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most adults don't even know what paratha is. :-)

    ReplyDelete