Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Musings

Maybe if you're one of the MYP and not the mother.  Yes indeed.  School is called off for the next two days already.  That means in mid-June our cherished children will be looking outdoors at green grass and sunshine from the confines of the classroom.  (Insert heavy sigh.)  I had a brainstorm.  There's approximately 50 kids in our subdivision.  If all of them got together in a group and moved from house to house for about 5 minutes at each place, we'd cover the day!  I think I could handle 50 for five minutes but I'm not sure how many other parents would like that idea.  

I was recently at a local Goodwill.  Found this sturdy and comfy-cutie there.  I'm hoping some paint can make it purdy.  
I just recently heard about someone having the stomach flu.  After I hung up the phone I was starting to think I didn't feel so hot either.  Sympathy pains?  Puking peer pressure?  Actually I'm not sick at all.  But just hearing about it makes me feel blech.

I've been feeling very irresistible lately.  Uh-oh.  Does the Chairman have competition? No.  Actually by the American Red Cross.  I donated six months ago and now I'm appearing on every call-sheet known to blood cells.  They call nearly daily and the last time I didn't pick up they left a message.  Yes I intend to give very soon!  Yes I'm aware of the dire need!  But please let me do it when I have time available and a weeks worth of jamming anything with iron down my throat so I am able to donate.

One of the MYP sent an email to a teacher explaining the 4.0 grade average in every class but this teacher's at the moment.  I peeked over the shoulder to see what was written and it stated that "my parents are very concerned and interested that I may not get a 4.0 this quarter if I don't get an A in your class".  Oh me oh my.  She probably thinks that we are holding a big stick and will beat any children that don't bring home A's.  I may need to do a damage-control email today at some point explaining that we do not forcefully expect our MYP to get straight A's.  Just A-.  Kidding!  I'm just kidding!  

Well last night it happened!  The Chairman and I had a date.  It was really something special.  Do you know that saying, 'cleaning the house with young children is like shoveling in a blizzard'?  Well last night we went out.  We got all dressed up and went out.  To shovel in a blizzard....

Well this is enough amusement to muse.  Not sure what the next day or two will bring.  I reckon a bit of game playing.  Some cooking and baking.  Walking the dog in -30 degree wind chill.  And maybe even some closet purging.  I promise I'll be relaxed and patient.  Or so I hope.  

4 comments:

  1. I wasn't going to comment this time....until I read about your date...and laughed right out loud. Sorry. Sort of. :-)
    And ps- love that rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rocker is very similar to the one I painted with chalk paint. Let me know if you what more info…..Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are bothering all of us too, from the red cross. I finally succeeded in convincing them I am not well enough for awhile. I don't know if I will ever be able to donate again. I'm not big enough, and the iron will be a problem, it was before.
    And I remember how much fun our kids always had in the snow. I didn't like how much of it came inside though.

    ReplyDelete

  4. i CAN'T GET ANYTHING MORE CURRENT THAN THE jANUARY POST. WHERE ARE YOU?

    ReplyDelete