Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Wednesday Words

I do my best to remain free of political banter on this page.  However, there are some people I love in this country and we have been riveted by the events happening in there.  This video is touching.  And we are touched by the unrest.

So I made these cinnamon rolls on Monday.  (I didn't heal the world by cooking dinner as my towel says.)
I was out of my comfort zone because I like my tried and true roll recipe.  The consensus?  One of the MYP didn't eat one bite because that's how she is.  The next one took the first bite not knowing it was a new recipe and said, 'these are absolutely the best rolls you have ever made'.  The last child ate four in a row until I realized what was happening.  And yes, she ate little for supper.  The Chairman?  He said that they tasted more like a cinnamon doughnut than a roll.  Me?  I thought they were a bit too sweet, but I'll definitely do them again.

I tried out this cookie recipe yesterday.  Yum.
Ok no more food pictures.  I promise.  

As two of the MYP were eating breakfast this morning, we were discussing electronics and little kids.  I'm a bit out of the loop but I finally noticed they have special covers and even special devices for teeny-weeny-little kids to use to play games or watch videos.  I've recently noticed a rash of them in stores.  I told the MYP that in the car we didn't have so much as a DVD player.  We would put in the cassette tape and sing at the top of our lungs listen to Wee Sing (several versions) or Raffi.  To this day I think I know every song on each one and which song comes on next.  One child looked at the other and said, 'wow, we grew up in the old days'.  It's all perspective I guess.  I liked the 'old days' better.

We are experiencing a temporary thaw here.  However, the long-term forecast puts us down below the 0 mark again in a few days.  When I finally see the first robin of spring, I just might rush out and give that little redbreast a big hug.  

This is enough words...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you and Lisi will be taking extra walks the next few days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a video. Listening to her, I could have been listening to any one of many of my students- the accent and, especially what she said. It's meant a lot to know that people are remembering us here.

    ReplyDelete