Friday, February 7, 2014

Rumination

Just a few things that I've been chewing on lately.  Seems an appropriate term to use since we are in Dairyland and all!

I love cooking and baking and all things in the kitchen.  However, I have a very love/hate relationship with knives.  There's a saying that a new knife is safer than an old one.  Not for me.  I cut myself just getting it out of the package yesterday and today while using it chopped off part of my fingernail.  Raw talent I tell you!
Speaking of purchases.  I bought a new swimsuit this week.  This is what I thought I'd look like in it:

This is what I really looked like in it.  Sigh.  My daughters thought it was a hoot.
A new mother on FB posted a picture of her baby a few months ago and how he appears now in a bassinet.  The growth was obvious in such a short time span.  Soon she will be filling out the paperwork for him to enter high school as we just did with our son.  These MYP have their own goals and dreams and hopes for the bright future that lies before them.  It's been very evident to me again that "parents hold their children's hands for awhile and their hearts forever".  I find it fascinating how much the MYP reminisce about when they were little.  Our old home.  The racing down the big hill on their triciycles.  The times they had with their little friends.  Grandparents and Aunts/Uncles/Cousins.  Trips.  Some day we will be reminiscing about today. Well maybe not since this one looks like it'll turn out to be very ordinary.

I had a request from someone to make something in the kitchen last night.  I had just cleaned up everything and did a slight 'sigh' and she promised it wouldn't make one bit of a mess.  And she was right.  

I found a photo album I made up with a friend 6 1/2 years ago.  I really miss these two.  

I want to complain about the cold and snowy winter we've had.  But that wouldn't be encouraging or profitable so I'll say that I'm very happy that spring will be coming within six weeks according to Punxsutawney Phil!  

Happy weekend!  Soon it'll be time to muse again...

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pix. Who's Ashley holding?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a knife accident last weekend as well. What is your criteria for whether you go to the emergency room or not? Depth of cut? Amount of blood? Length of time to stop the bleeding?

    ReplyDelete