Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday fun...!





It went off without a hitch and he was surprised! I told Duane at supper that his folks would be coming over after meeting to see him. Then after meeting I 'asked' everyone to stay for cake since it was Duane's birthday. He was feeling kinda smug like he was going to get by without too big of a fuss. Then just minutes after we were done with our study, the doorbell rang and in walked two neighbor families I had told to come up. He started to smell rat. Then a few minutes after that, the masses came. We were 53 or so... I did a head count of people instead of sheep when going to sleep last night. The food was good, the friends were many, and the celebration fun! Coming from my understated, don't make a fuss for me husband, he said, 'thanks for a very nice birthday today'. So I'm glad we did it! And... you're only 40 once, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment