Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wed. words

Lisi is home. But she is sooooooooooo sleepy. Only laps water ocassionally. And must be extremely sore as she hardly moves. She's still on pain meds today. But she won't eat and the pills are to be taken with food. Hmmmm. I've tried to bribe her with anything. No do.

The plumber came last night (our neighbor). Lisi had dropped her hard yellow ball into the 1/2 bath toilet for some reason. I tried to go 'fishing' and get it out. It got stuck. Really stuck. Like 'take the toilet of the floor and use a snake for almost 1/2 hour' stuck. The guy, Mark is not a typical plumber. He's thin, friendly, talkative, and his 'you know what' is all under wraps. But he refused payment. Like I tried to hand him the check which was decent. No go. Suggestions on how to reimburse his hour of sweaty effort for our loo?

Moving stinks. I've taken up three huge van loads and it looks like I've done nothing up there. Duane called the movers to tell them they can haul most the boxes besides! I've done almost nothing but sift, sort, lift, struggle, drop in the right spot.

And... when I was in the middle of a HUGE mess in the basement, the broker calls. Showing tonight at 6. Oh boy.

So cleaning will be done. Doctoring the dog. Kids go to Gpa and Gma's after a run to summer school/house.

Met neighbor lady at the new place. Her husband's family is from my own small hometown in SD! Weird!

Time to hit the day for real.

Still no pictures. Sorry.

5 comments:

  1. Moving is tough, isn't it!!! You need my friend. She said, "Lady, we are packing up everything we can and everything you can do w/out for a few days and taking it to the new house. AND, we are putting it all away in its spot." So moving day all that was left was the big stuff, and all I had to do was point to where it all went. Wow!! What a friend!!! She made it so easy for me. (want her phone number??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Brenda, I'd like her number!!! Today is going a bit better, but now a showing. So back to cleaning I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy cleaning. Hang in there. After all, this could be the one who buys your house, right? And Lisi. Get well soon. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, if you weren't in the middle of moving I'd say bake him a pan of brownies, a pie, or something like that. It's hard to know what to do, but something like that at least shows appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of our customers loved her new floors so much (even though all Doug did was recoat them) that she included a gift certificate to a restaurant in with her check. It was enough for our whole family to be able to go. Happy moving! I don't envy you! I think the movers are coming to Lar & Peg's Thursday. They'll be here Saturday and Sunday nights, and then head to Montana Monday.

    ReplyDelete