Thursday, July 31, 2008

Packing ponders

I just finished packing up all the kids' books from a bookshelf. I found a book I forgot I had.. 'What to Expect in the First Year'. I'm sure most you mom's used it like I did. A wonderful reference on all those weird little things that you worry about with teeny babies ie. rashes, poops, eating, bonking the head. You get the idea.

I'm way past that now. I need a book, 'What to Expect in the 9th year'. Wouldn't that be great? An quick, simple Q&A for hard homework, friend issues, emotions, bonked eyeballs from baseballs, allergies, etc.

Yes, I know there are more 'how to raise good kids' books, but personally, I think common sense should rule in most cases.

And so, back to packing I go. I think my 'What to Expecxt in the First Year' should go in the donation bag. No more first years here...!

4 comments:

  1. I like your blog so much that you could pen the next what to expect book and it would be funny, practical and highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my experience the first year, along with pretty much the first 5 at least are a breeze compared to the next 15. Give me a 2 year old any day~! I never knew how easy I had it!! Actually I'm being a little too hard on them, my first 4 teens totally spoiled me for (some of) the ones to follow, but if I would have never had more than 4, I would be unbearable for other parents to be around because I would have NEVER understood what many parents deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you were like me, and thank goodness you're not, you would hold on to it for a few years longer... just cuz I'm sentimental like that and have a hard time letting go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED those "What to Expect" books! And I'm with you on needing more; how come the authors stopped with "The Toddler Years", anyway? Those books are the closest things to instruction books I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete