Monday, July 21, 2008

It's Me again... you know... Lisi

It was a great morning here on Woodhill Way. The lady that gives me scruff shakes but loves me anyway let me out of the garage. I LOVE mornings. I can go sniff every blade of grass in this small yard, look for a bunny to chase, and of course do my morning business. Usually that lady I just talked about stays outside with me and kinda is reading some paper thing she gets out of the box. But today, she just opened the door and was gone. Hmmmm. What does that mean? I should get out of the garage and see what is happening today. Wow! There were some dogs that went by early this morning. They marked our tree! Can you believe it? This is MY pad. But I don't mark trees because, well (cough-cough) I am a lady. I'm much more dignified than that. So I got all around the house and even brought up my monkey toy up on the deck and looked in the window to see if the lady-person would come out and chase me. She was busily doing things in there. Didn't look much interested in a very cute and fun me. So I decided to expand my horizons! I know next door they have cats. I've never seen them outside, but I wonder if they are in the garage! I should go check. I get into their garage. PU! It smells like oil and garbage in here. No cats. Maybe in this back corner. GRRRRRRRR. What's that sound? I turn around and look and the garage door is almost down! Oh no! I race for the door. It closes before I can get out. HEEEEELLLLPPP! I'm stuck in here. Where's the lady I love? Where's the guy with her that yells when I get hair on his pants? Oh good grief. What do I do? Then I hear it. 'The Whistle'. The lady usually uses that one on me when she really, really wants me home. I can tell when she is serious. This is. You know why? Because she'll give me a liver treat for coming back. Where is she???? I put my paws on the window sill and look out. And there she is!!! She starts to laugh. Then runs away real quick. Where is she going? Don't you love me? I'm stuck!!! Soon she comes back with the phone and keeps pushing buttons. Then she leaves and comes back with the guy (who hates hair on his pants) wiggles a small door and FREEDOM! I get out and am thrilled to see these people again. But the lady was singing some silly song about a 'doggy in the window'.

(note from editor: we tried to call them, but no one home. Luckily we have a key for cat sitting).

p.s. I doubt I go into their garage again. Especially since there are no cats in there. Stay tuned for the next adventure in Lisi-Land!

4 comments:

  1. Too funny! Good thing you have a key. Saw you from afar yesterday -so sorry we missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Very cute and very funny. Poor puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe in your next life you could come back as a dog.
    I think you might like that. You already have a good perspective of what it is like. Too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you saw her. Or maybe you heard her? Glad she wasn't trapped for too long.

    ReplyDelete