Saturday, July 12, 2008

Part II





We survived the birthdays! The next one in our family is in December (Lisi), but she won't mind if we don't have a party.

The girls each invited one friend on Mira's birthday and we took them to Build-A-Bear and they got to pick out what they wanted. They had a sleepover that night. Plus cupcakes after meeting with some extras coming in. Rayna's birthday was celebrated with both sets of Grandparents. A quieter meal for sure! Mira's choice for her birthday supper was hot dogs, macaroni and cheese (luckily homemade), beans, fruit, and cottage cheese. Rayna's was shrimp fettuccine, broccoli, green salad, fruit, and garlic bread. They got some very nice presents from family and friends.

Now some bullets:

* I was awake in the night worrying about the next month and how it will all come down. We close on Tuesday for the new house. Boxes are coming on Monday and so the packing will start.

* I need to transplant perennials, rhubarb, and raspberries.

* I need to paint Trevor's bedroom. He's not wild about bright lavender for a bedroom color.

* I have cleaning to do up there despite the promise that the owners moving out will hire someone in after they leave.

* I wish our house here would sell. Would make leaving easier. Some nibbles, but no real bites.

* I am sometimes brain dead. I made choc. chip cookies this morning and for some reason couldn't remember how much flour I put in. Did I do 1 1/4 cups or the 2 1/4 cups it asked for? So then I baked four cookies. And it needed flour. I need to focus and do one thing at a time.

* Rayna just snuck down and took my picture.

* I miss Anita's blog right now. She's obviously busy with more important and special matters. I need a good smile again.

* Trevor's tournament baseball game was cancelled for today due to weather. So we'll go swim and have supper with good friends (thanks J&M for the invite!).

* We heard wonderful news about a new baby girl in town. She is surely blessed to be born into that family. What a joy.

* We have my uncle coming next weekend. It'll be great to have him again!

* Duane is biking today. He's always happier after sweating a few hours on a bike saddle.

* Time to fix lunch as fights are starting to break out.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed one of your bullets started with "I was awake in the middle of the night worry." It seems like with me the hubby is a sleep the minute his head hits the pillow, but I can lay awake forever going from one thought to the next. Ugh. Sleep tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can help paint. I have some experience watching paint dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of all the beautiful yous. Hope the packin' is going ok. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete