Sunday, July 27, 2008

More bullets

* Our Door County time was as wonderful as we hoped for. Someone counted almost 70 of our friends there. Good weather. Good biking. Good times. Good food. Good campfires. Good fellowship. We are blessed in this area for good, solid, encouraging, funny, interesting families.

* Tomorrow I start the commuting thing to the new place. R. starting summer school at the new school for a few weeks to brush up math skills. She has to be there at 8:15, so I'll leave by 7:45 every day with the van loaded with stuff. And three tired kids. Oh boy.

* I boxed five big boxes tonight! Plus put in all our winter coats, some folding chairs, etc. And I feel like I just took a pea out of a pot of stew. It's going to be a huge job! Chiro treatments anyone?

* Lisi enjoyed her kennel time. A lot. Doggies in a bunch! She gets spayed this week on Tuesday. Ouch! No puppies please.

* Trevor's team won on Saturday! It was the 2nd win of the season! But what was so marvelous was they were behind like 13-2 with only 1/2 hour left of the game. The coach gave them a good chewing out and wowswer! Did it really change! One of our friends, Cobie finished out the pitching. He was awesome!

* We might go to IA for convention now instead of OH. The thought of going away three days after moving gives me the heebie-jeebies.

* Did you know you can be picky about phone numbers? When I called to get service started at our new place she gave me a number. I paused. Asked if I could have another option. She did. Then another, then another, then after about six numbers, she said with a teensy-weensy touch of exasperation in her voice,'what don't you like about the numbers I'm giving?'. Well... they started out fine... the first three digits. But then the first of the last four (does this make sense?) started with an '0'. I may be simple, but it always confuses me when I have to say it. Do you say, 'Oh', or 'zero'. Hmmm. So phone lady gave me a nice number that didn't start with an 'Oh' or 'zero' and I said, 'that's it!'. I couldn't tell you it on this blog though since I have thousands and thousands looking at my blog daily (since it is so terribly interesting) and we couldn't possibly talk to all of you at once!!!

* Why in the world do I have these wicker paper plate holders? I found them on a top shelf. Useless! Fourteen years later, they were never used. Yuck!

* Still have three brand-new pizza stones in boxes from our wedding. I used one for awhile, but still have new back-ups.

* I have a HUGE stack of towels in a rainbow of colors that don't really match anything. Now what to do! Just use them? Pitch when we have a color scheme? I dunno. I hate waste.

* Pictures to follow some day when I have time on my hands. (Don't expect them real soon!)

1 comment:

  1. Donate the towels to the Humane Society. They need them for the doggy baths.

    ReplyDelete