Monday, July 14, 2008

Quietness

Duane went back into work a bit. Trevor sleeps after his big game tonight (another loss, but it was almost winnable - is that a word? at one point), the girls went home with Anderson's for the 2nd time in less than three days. Not a creature is stirring! Ahhhh.

We close tommorow on our new place. But the residents there will finally leave by end of day Wed. They needed a day of wiggle room to close on the next place. I'm extremely nervous about going there now that it is ours! It'll take awhile to feel home. But we'll have time to go back and forth a few weeks until the real move happens.

I have a LOT to do in the next weeks. The boxes were delivered today. I'll start in on them next week in earnest.

There is a huge fort in the living room. Maybe Fort Knox? It is so elaborate, I won't take it down - although I have a clean living room before bed routine. But Rayna would be crushed.

My uncle is coming! For the weekend. He's been on a marathon of convs. in the US and Canada. A few more after home visits before heading south of the border again.

The days are getting shorter. I could tell tonight sitting at the baseball game. Scary, eh?

Brett Favre is causing great turmoil here in Packerland. You should read our local papers! The fervor is almost nauseating. But I must admit, I find it interesting.

Our van was atrocious. And now it is squeaky clean if that is how you could describe a van now. I give it less than a week and it won't 'squeak'.

Lisi is set to take out her puppy making stuff in a couple of weeks. The kids are full of questions about that. She's still (too) silly. She's definitely a female. Almost moody. Then she'll get in one of 'those' moods and race around and then sneak up behind me and nip me on the behinder. I really should get after her for it, but it is too funny. Until she does it to some innocent bystander.

My "Real Simple" came today. My brother would say the magazine is perfect for my personality... get it? Joke aside, it is my favorite magazine. I think I'll peek at it a bit before the light goes off.

This is getting too long.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, i like that mag also!! i check mine out at the library...i like the surveys at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny how you know your brother so well. ;) BTW- Was fun to see pictures of your uncle in Cade & Angela's trailer at convention in CA showing the kids some of his tricks. Kohlie really enjoyed that. Looks like the adults did, too. Ha.

    ReplyDelete