Thursday, February 19, 2009

The cookie mystery

She never suspected a thing. It was the greatest thing. You see the big lady that yells at me but loves me anyway made cookies this morning. There were these black things in them. They looked like dead flies. But she was eating a couple right out of the bag. So maybe not. Anyway, they were coming out of the oven. And there they were. YUM! I don't ever get cookies, but if I did I just know I'd like them.

Today there is an extra little person here. She is shorter than I am. Makes a lot of noise and even stinks sometimes. The big lady here likes her for some reason and they have fun together. I think she called her Ella once. Like... 'ELLA, NO! or ELLA, GET DOWN!'. Well that little person started making a racket in the living room. The big lady had a cookie in her hand. She sets it down at the edge of the table and leaves for the living room. Is she dumb? Doesn't she know I have no self-control? And so I did what any reasonable dog would do. I snatched it right then and there and you know what? Cookies are sooooooo good! It barely grazed my teeth, but I know it was delicious. Better then those stale dog treats she gives me.

The big lady comes back into the kitchen. I'm sitting on my dog bed so pretty. Innocent. Sweet. She looks at the table. Then walks to the island. Then back to the table. Then to the living room. Back to the kitchen. She's not saying anything, but there's a weird look in her eye. 'Where is it?' Where did I put it. She looked at me once, but I just blinked softly at her. And then it happened. OOPS! I burped. A big one came out of nowhere. Then she moved in on me. Opened my mouth with force and smelled fresh cookie. BUSTED! She muttered something about me being naughty, stupid or something. And then she walked away. SCORE! Lisi - 1, The big lady - 0. For cookies that is.

6 comments:

  1. Ha! That will teach you to ever set down a cookie! At least she ate it instead of just licking it & leaving. You never would have known she licked it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart dog. She's learned that trick now, watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she really burp?? That's hilarious!! Although, so unlady-like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great story! I was wondering what Lisi was up to... or not!

    ReplyDelete