Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday musings

'Twas a good weekend....

* Alone-time with the Chairman on Friday night (that sounds so... well, non-romantic!). We did some shopping. Kids at a school thing.

* Celebrated my mom-in-law's birthday with some others that included my mom and dad. We were 15 in all around the table(s). I love having people over.

* Enjoyed time with the ex-neighbors last night. The game didn't have the end result that I was kinda hoping for. But I had no real emotion vested either. I must add though that I forgot a very, very important fact after our time a week ago with these aforementioned people. Ask the men who was on the victory team when we finished a marathon game-playing time. There Mike! I did it!

* I worked today! For a friend. Putting together cards. If you know me at all, you know I've been vehemently opposed to such silliness. But I didn't have to create anything. I simply cut 75 of this. Stamped 10 of that. Simple! I can do that. I hope she doesn't fire me right away.

* Lisi did awesome at obedience class. But Pup-eroni treats in the pocket can be very motivating. Stay tuned. She may have a story to tell soon. On the dog front (you non-dog people probably hate these posts), she LOVES hide and seek in the yet-unfinished basement. Throw a ball and as she retrieves, go hide. It was a good hour of fun tonight. For her, and for me! Quietness. :-)

* It was nice to get a report card home that was way better than I wildly anticipated. Kudos to that kid!

* I need a massage. Like really need it. Or a chiro treatment. My shoulders ache. It has a 'hot' spot on one side. It's been a year. Am thinking I should get one again... but I'm such a tight-wad I hate spending money that isn't eaten or worn.

* I'm realizing how utterly dull my life is right now.

3 comments:

  1. OK, tightwad, it's time to invest in yourself. What is it they say, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" Get that massage before it gets bad enough it takes 3, or 4, or more. Speaking from experience, even though you are OLDER than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree a good massage is money well spent--you'll be happy afterward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get that massage or adjustment, it's worth the $$. Dad needs them too, and it helps.

    ReplyDelete