Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thursday's thoughts







It's been awhile. Here's my week so far.

* Two days of terribly loud noises from the cellar. Two guys working on building walls so we can actually use the basement.

* I think we have our fireplace picked out. But not the water heater. There will be 'heated' discussions. Tankless vs. a newer, bigger, supposedly more efficient tank. I'm learning about direct vents. And all other kinds of stuff!

* I put up a new wireless doorbell thingy for our doors. You see the fancy-schmancy ones that were there when we moved in never really worked. So I simply cut some wires and installed the new ones! Now I'll hear you if you come.

* A couple weeks ago my mom gave Mira a hideous (sorry Mom!) hat/scarf combo thingy that is red. I think she used it during prairie blizzards in SD. I hope for nothing else. Anyhoo, Mira has taken an extreme liking to it. In that she wears it to bed. And any chance she gets (hence the posted picture). She is fixated right now on the "Little House" books and tells me that she's Laura Ingalls Wilder...

* By the way, the other picture is Rayna desperately wanting to be in a picture. They are on a 'trip' tonight. And Trevor... well he told me he didn't want his taken. Sorry buddy! Got you!

* And! I put up 5 various types of window blinds. All but one screw went in well. That one the Chairman had to use his muscles on. The windows sure feel warmer now.

* T-man's first basketball game tonight! I love youth sports. I try not to holler but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere! He likes (needs) to be busy. He was fitted for baseball and those practices start in about 6 weeks. Hooray!

* I love and hate Sam's Club all at the same time. I find good deals there. Get enthused. Purchase my 'deals' and then come home with a huge load in the back of the van to put away. I would rather wash dirty undies than unload from Sam's.

* Time for my Awake tea. I vowed after my friendly kidney stone went on its merry way that I wouldn't be partaking in black tea in the afternoons as I read that can sometimes cause stones. Well, I fell off the wagon. I'm still drinking lots of water though! Is that good enough?

* There's so much else I'd love to post, but this is on the web for crying out loud. So I guess not...

2 comments:

  1. It's nice and warm isn't it, Mira? I used it in the cold S. D. winds, because it keeps your neck warm. It's good you can enjoy it now, I don't need it here. It's too bad your Mom doesn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess it won't be me ringing your new wireless doorbell... ah well.

    Just stopping by to say Hi! It's been awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete