Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Stoopid

So Rayna's friend Cara comes after school to do homework together. That was a ruse. They worked about 10 minutes and then proceeded to goof off with Trevor and Mira included. Lots of running, banging, shrieks of happiness. Then it was 6 and time for her to go home. I drove her to her house which is only about a mile away. A sloping driveway in and it was nothing but glare ice. Slick. Wheee! Egads! I'm sliding. And then I stopped. Whew! Cara gets out. Ally-oop! Down she goes. What was so funny as I saw her feet waving above the hood of my van was her response. She got up like absolutely nothing out of the ordinary happened. So I roll down my window, 'are you ok?'. Sure. Goodnight. So I throw it into reverse. Back up about 10' and then I start sliding sideways. Now mind you there is a deep ditch/culvert business at the end of the driveway. So I pull forward. Give it again. Slide. Rayna jumps out to see if Cara's mom or dad could help. No one is home. So I sit there and then think, 'if the girls just gave me a little push I could maybe get out of here' (terribly unsafe and unwise I realize). And I'm thinking of the pizza that will soon be burning in the oven (Mr. Chairman is working late tonight and hence, frozen pizza for supper). Then there are headlights. Then in drives Cara's mom (who I might add had driven over to OUR house to pick up Cara, but somehow Cara forgot to tell me that part of the story). I digress. I hollar out the window, 'I can't get out of your driveway! (I'm thinking that she's going to kindly offer to get out and give me a little push.) She says, 'why aren't you driving into my garage space and turning around and using your front wheel drive?'. Um, because I'm stoopid and didn't think of that? Good grief! And to add insult to injury, the van drove out like nothing was amiss.

Now on to cleaning out my island and back entry! The new stuff is being delivered tomorrow! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. we had a similar driveway situation a few days ago when we went to visit our new friend the other day, I was afraid I was going to slide into their van! we scraped through with no damages.

    ReplyDelete