Monday, January 26, 2009

Mom of the year award

Just back from a blustery cold walk at noon, I am getting ready to make a little lunch for myself. I used to HATE eating alone. Now with the din of young people always around here, I love the quietness of my lunches. Me and the newspaper. So I'm thinking I'm going to soon enjoy the high point of my day (did I ever tell anyone I like Mondays? I think someone in NE knows). Anyhoo. I'm getting out my plate and thinking of some tantalizing tidbits. And then there's the drone. The drone of the bus slowing down. Wait a minute. It's only noon. Then I frantically think... it must be for the 1/2 day kindergarten kids. And out pops R, M, and T in that order. They come up to the house. Burst in and say, 'it was an early release day!!!'. Um. Really? Lucky for them I was home. I'm thinking I should maybe check the school calendar more often. You think?

3 comments:

  1. That is funny. Amber B. got up this morning and her Elliot tells her he has no school. Her blog is funny with her account of the events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! Woops! Too bad for Monday! :)
    I'm terrible about checking our school calendar, & we have no bus service. And yes, I did forget them once when it was early day!

    ReplyDelete