Tuesday, January 13, 2009

More randomness

* Why do some people feel entitled to walk into open doors? An owner of a painting business just happened to be in the kitchen milling around as I just had exited the shower. The bedroom door was open to the kitchen and so I had to do some fancy legwork (wet and only draped with a towel) to get to my clothes. Egads!

* We're in the middle of a mess. The back mudroom stuff should be finished today/tomorrow. The island has granite delivered tomorrow. And I am continually vacuuming dust the workers leave behind.

* Why are electricians so much cheaper than plumbers? I was pleasantly surprised with my bill yesterday from an electrician. Is it because plumbers have to pass a more stringent test to be sure there is ample slippage on their britches?

* Dogs are forever imprinted. A couple months ago Lisi was acting a bit unruly and I was getting out a new garbage bag in the kitchen so I thought it would be fun to chase her with it while slapping it up and down making quite a racket. Well every time I get out a new bag, she slinks off in a very real fear to her dog bed.

* I could tell you how bitterly cold and windy it is out there, but most of you are in the Midwest and are experiencing the same or even worse. I must admit that I don't want to walk today, but I will do an abbreviated one if nothing else. What good would I be as a wife/mother with frostbite?

* I am frustrated with bad customer service with a furniture retailer. I must call and get a bit testy again.

* I added both leftover oatmeal and mashed potatoes to my bread dough yesterday and wowser did it turn out lofty!

Enough from the gallery. Time for peanuts.

4 comments:

  1. * I HATE it when people just walk in my house
    * heheHAHA splutter laugh--(slippage on the britches)--
    * I put oatmeal in my bread all the time, the total best!! but I've never tried mashed potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Open doors don't work with me either! One HOT summer day, we were eating dinner, and someone walked in w/out knocking (no names) and, um, . . . . well, let's just say I'd really prefer to have my skirt on when people come in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LIW...!!!! You were having dinner without your....skirt on?????????!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must have been sitting in only her undies. I know that lady and I wouldn't put it past her!!!

    ReplyDelete