Monday, January 19, 2009

Nothings again...

* I just chased all the kids off the computer(s) so they get their homework/reading done before they crash. So now it is my turn! I think this is 3 posts for today. Some of you lurkers will think I get absolutely nothing done in a day. But this takes mere minutes and I like the outlet it brings.

* Lets see... today. A run to Wallyworld and the grocery store. And to Walgreen's too! In between was a LOT of laundry. Like I'm on huge load #5 as I type. One to go and then it's done. The kids put their own stuff away now which is a huge help.

* Then off for doggy obedience class. Lisi was just shameful the first few minutes. I was feeling all pompous and self-righteous on how good she'd do in there with all the very young dogs. Well, it didn't take long for me to eat humble pie. She was just neurotic at first. SMELLS! DOGS! PEOPLE! TREATS! Then she settled down and actually redeemed herself. She was used as a 'good example' of following on the longe line. So kudos to Lisi!

* Which I should add though is that she was with rough company earlier in the morning. You see we're in the process of getting our basement built out. One of the guys - good friend of ours brings his American Bulldog puppy that looks full grown to me. Well this dog is more curious, agressive you name it. I came home from the aforementioned shopping trip and am greeted by two dogs with completely white faces in the garage. The visitor dog ripped into my nice 5 lb. bag of bread flour and both were playing 'ghost' with it. Stoopid! I yelled a bunch and then locked them out of the garage.

* Our brother-in-law gets married on Friday. The kids were asking if the new wife would be a step-aunt? I'm not sure the legal terminology. But it was nice to see him again today. It is hard to believe it is 2 1/2 years ago since we lost our sister/sis-in-law. We wish them and the whole family well.

* I just got hungry for that really fattening caramel puff corn. Where we meet on Sundays... she's often had it in a bowl. I was thinking the other day, 'that sure would be good to have sometime', then realized I should just do it myself. But! I used half the caramel goop called for and it isn't so deadly.

* We say goodbye this week to two very important men. They'll be heading to warmer climate far away from WI. We're glad for all they've done for us the past years...

This is the end. There ain't no more. Unless I meet, that bear once more.... (remember that song?)

2 comments:

  1. Last time I sang "the end, the end," I fell off the ladder and hit my head on the wall and landed on the concrete floor. I don't sing that anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woopps!...sorry for laughing there at LIW's comment....
    Always fun to check in & peek at what's going on at your house :)

    ReplyDelete