Monday, January 19, 2009

BBQ Ribs

I don't think I've ever posted this... if I have, pardon! If not, enjoy!

3 to 3-1/2 pounds pork spareribs (I usually use baby backs as I love the tenderness)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1 cup hot water
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions: Place in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes; drain. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over ribs. Bake 50-60 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings

Note: I usually squirt a generous dose of bottled BBQ sauce into the sauce right before putting it on the ribs. Goes a bit furter and adds a bit of 'smoky' taste too. That my friendly peeps is the secret to it all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi DL... I'm just checking in and saying 'hi'. Hope all is well on your end of things. You have a lot of changes happening there... lots of thoughts are going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your BBQ recipe. I will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these today & everyone enjoyed them. Thanks for the recipe, we'll use it again.

    ReplyDelete