Friday, January 9, 2009

More of the same...



Sounds like the kids are going to break a bone or the furniture will take a spill from the sounds emitting from the living room. Crazy!

We're in a mess. No tings around here. Two partially finished projects waiting for the next step. Our dining room is currently our 'mud room'. Lovely, eh? I had thought of having company on Sunday. Um... I doubt it since the galoshes would need to be moved to make room for the guests.

I babysat a 2-year old yesterday. Not just your run-of-the-mill 2-year old. One that has partially red hair and the spunk to match. That wasn't what amazed me about her. It was the language. Wowser that girl can talk! A LOT! More than me! Maybe I'll post the pictures I took yesterday of her waiting for the cookies to come out.

Looking for cabinet hardware for the kitchen has been a... hassle. We're trying to mostly match what was currently there. I think we found it. Hooray! I'll post before and after kitchen pictures once it is done.

I need a massage. But I'm too tight to spend the money. My back has a nasty knot.

I almost hit a pickup today. I was on the phone (Bluetooth) with Chairman today. He was concerned about the driving conditions (horrible) and I was trying to tell him I was fine and only 3 miles from home. Tried turning into the driveway of the grocery store and kept going straight and almost hit a guy in a black pickup. You should have seen his face! Actually, you should have seen mine! I stayed calm and the Chairman had no idea what was happening. :-) Quite honestly, he still doesn't.

And lastly, I'm just thankful. For life. For health. For knowing what is right. For family. For friends. For... that's the greatest cures for the 'blahs'.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Glad you missed!! Can't believe you didn't give it away!
    ice, snow, babysitting,house projects, you need that massage!

    ReplyDelete