Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sister!




Happy Birthday to my 'big' sister. She was the leader of the Rowland pack. In some ways, she still is. I have friends without sisters. I try to be one to them. But I have always been thankful for mine. We shared a double bed the first many years of our life (and I HATED the fact that she'd sleep facing me and breathe on my neck). She was a shining example even as a kid. The moment I met her husband in '79 I liked him. He seemed good as gold at the time and proved that he really is through the years. Her three kids are nothing less than stellar in my book. I love them and love them for who they have become in life. And then there is my sister. She is a giver. To the core. Her home has a welcome mat 6 miles long (figuratively of course) and all that come are given the warmest of welcomes.

I just want to say, Happy Birthday Karne (mispelling intended). You are a very dear sister and friend to me!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, what would we do w/out our older sisters? Best friends like no other!

    ReplyDelete