Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day





We were so glad to have four excellent examples of Father's in our house all at the same time. I am one of the lucky ones. Since I can remember, I've had a constant source of strength, encouragement, correction, and now friendship from a very dear dad. The older I get, the more I'm like him. Psst. I think he's secretly quite pleased with that fact. And after I married the Chairman, I inherited yet another father. One who is completely different than my own, yet brings such a warmth, caring, and kindness that only he can. And then I've witnessed the dad my brother-in-law was to his children. He is one of those kinds of people that you couldn't think of a bad thing to say about them if you tried. I've liked him from the moment I met him in July of '79. And then there is the Chairman. The dad of my children. A tireless, wonderful, careful, special, dedicated dad that is fair to the core. Wants alone-time with them when he can. One-on-one times. They need him. He needs them. And for that, I'm thankful. And so... Happy Father's Day to wonderful dad's. Those that were here today and also to my big brother that is mean to me but loves me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment