Saturday, June 13, 2009

Thoughts from the pile

* Finished up a few loads of laundry. Some quick thoughts...

* Never fold socks right away. I always put in a big pile and after folding the clothes, then deal with the socks. It was troubling me how much time I was spending of my life looking for the match.

* I love color-coded socks. Love them. Especially with a family of five.

* I rarely have unmatched pairs. I've always heard about dryers eating them. Mine hasn't very often. Maybe it is because my dryer is rarely hungry since I feed it so much.

* Enough on socks. Why do I feel compelled to make sure all the laundry is done up before company comes? It's not like they are going to take an inventory of our dirty undies. But I do. And that's how I am.

* Always do neat stacks when folding for the family. That way each kid can put their own stack away. It's only recently that I decided that hauling the folded clothes wasn't my job anymore. And now they know where they put their own stuff.

* I still have a few (cough) unnamed family members that occasionally have a stack of clean clothes without underwear in their pile. After a few questions, it gets better again.

* Bleach is a blessing for those nasty dishcloths in the kitchen. Except my hands are nearly raw after handling it.

* Leaving the laundry pile behind... today was nearly perfect. Wonderful weather. Had work time. Beach time. And a family walk to boot!

* Having the kids around has been quite fun. Trevor got an early birthday present of a fishing pole today. Only one major snarl so far.

* And tomorrow is Sunday. How much better can it be?

3 comments:

  1. Your blog posts are always so refreshing, honest and fun to read.

    Debbie Olson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks? my fiend Maxine and I have a theory about socks. We buy new socks on the way to convention. It is just easier. Of course between us we have 20 kids. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like doing socks! I like laundry, period! ;) Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete