Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random ruse

* Wisconsin doesn't have wonderful June weather. Well maybe one or two days. We go from jackets to as little as possible within a few hours. Bam! Here's summer to you! Hot. Humid. And the best thing? My feet are warm! I tend to have cold feet - like all the time. I'm enjoying the warmth of summer.

* Except when I walk. I am feeling lazy and don't like my daily jaunts in this heat. And Ms. Lisi thinks I'm nuts and flatly refused to go with me a couple days ago when it was 95.

* But we turned on the a/c! Finally after days without. When I saw the inside temp was 86 I decided to break down. But! I see "cooler" weather ahead and it'll be open windows for the D's again!

* I love frogs. But a bright green one that jumped on my foot gave me the willies. He was quite a climber! Eeew. He had red eyes too. Is that a WI thing? Or did he escape from some one's cage?

* So I buy a skirt yesterday. Getting ready to wear it last night I feel something heavy. Look and there's the security thingy - you know the one where they need to get that special remover thing to get it off? Well Rayna encouraged me to just use a pliars. And guess what? It is still on and I have a wee hole started in the skirt. Groan. So I have to take it in to get that blasted thing off.

* The Chairman is a conservative to the core. Believes in liberty. A strong work ethic. And really into personal responsibility. I have a bird feeder. You peeps are wondering where I'm going with this aren't you? Well after the kids were off to summer school and the Chairman and I were sitting in the screen porch this morning he looks at me and says, 'Is there such a thing as too many birds?'. And can they be bad for trees? Um. What do you mean? Well you feed the birds and then more come and more come and they don't work for their food. We have a welfare system right here. They're just going to sit around looking for a handout. I think you should cut back on the food so they go away. Hmmmmm.

* Trevor's team won the other night again. I just love his games. You get to know and like the boys, the other parents, the coaches well I like most of them and it is just so fun. Keeps us hopping. And eating warm sandwiches out of a bag.

* There's been a lot of newsworthy stuff with our friends lately. Babies, engagements, death. Life is just such a wonder.... and mostly wonderful.


3 comments:

  1. I am laughing at Chairmans take on the birdfeeders! Never thought of it that way...next time the birds head this way, I am going to have ask for proof that they need a handout before I fork over anymore bird food. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your chairman rocks...i've actually felt/thought the same thing but try so hard to be nice and would never actually fess up to such thoughts..except here of course.
    life is mostly wonderful..but, sometimes...well, sometimes it's just less than wonderful. thanks for your thoughts lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same thought lately about the birdfeeders. I fill in on Monday morning and it's empty by Tuesday afternoon.

    Molly has been balking at the the third leg of the Y in our neighborhood lately. We'll walk two legs and then at the intersection, she'll pull as hard as she can to the outside edge of the street so we'll bypass the third one. :)

    Looks like your summer is in full swing... happy one!

    ReplyDelete