Sunday, September 13, 2009

After...

Never mind Trevor. He's doing what boys do when they see a camera.
Popcorn with Nathan in the camper!
So happy for time together.
Most of you know where we were. It was just awesome. Really. Some thoughts while away:

* Well first, Lisi thought I was selling her to the puppy mill when I sent her away on the doggy boarding van. The look in her eyes was just so confused and sad. I picked her up at break of day from the doggy shuttle (for real! they have one.) She's very happy to be back lying on the garage floor again.

* Laundry aplenty! I think 7 loads in all. I'm half-way through I think.

* I saw a big brother pushing his younger brother in a wheelchair. The younger brother is going through major discomfort and change for his long-term good. It was touching to see the kindness of a brother. I got an incredible lesson in observing them.

* The bathroom duties were just like last year. I had a great partner in the plunging. Our little girls were extremely helpful and happy with their jobs. They wouldn't do at home what I asked them to do here unless I gave lots of verbal threats. The difference? Recognition from others. We all love it. Even the very young.

* This convention was extra-special for lots of reasons, but one because two family members were there that usually are not. One lives (too) far away. I miss her already. Another lives only for others and isn't free to just come over. It was so nice to be together.

* The camper worked slick. We still are very happy with it. Maybe another camping trip this fall yet. Then button down the hatches for winter.

* The kids thought it was heaven on earth. And it is. For all of us. At one point I looked around and saw almost all the people I really love all in one room. It can hardly be better than that.

* The readership count on this silly blog plummented during our time away. Something tells me most the readers were with me. And after leaving yesterday, I realized some I hardly spoke with. And I wish I had!

* There's much to do. And so I go...

2 comments:

  1. Yes..a little piece of heaven on earth. Like you said...now much to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I can picture you all there!
    I'm "envious" of your camper! Sure would be lovely!

    ReplyDelete