Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday thoughts

- It hasn't rained since 2007 I don't think. A mere exaggeration. But it is bone dry here. Like when I threw the football to Trevor yesterday (I might add I did some pretty admirable spirals), the grass 'smoked' when the ball hit it. Yikes.

- And why did the Archie people think it a good idea for Archie and Veronica get married? Rayna got a subscription for her birthday. They are married (Betty is crying in the background) and the last page says now there is a baby coming in the next issue. What happened to the silly teen stuff? Good grief!

- Family pictures coming. To have Lisi in them or not. That is the question. Some think dogs are... well... dogs. Stinky, hairy, get in the way things. Others love to see them. Hmmm.

- I have knots. Not in my laces. On my back and neck. I saw a chiro this week. On to the massage this afternoon. I hope it helps. It is... ouch.

- Gourmet dinner thingy with neighbors this weekend. It's a Mediterranean theme. I'm to bring a creme caramel brulee. I can cook. But as I referenced before... more good home cookin' stuff. Or Italian. But Creme brulee? It includes ramekins, superfine sugar, and sieves. Yikes!

- Trevor has braces! The lost expander at wedding #3 gave the orthodontist an incentive to just move forward. And! He can't lose them! tee-hee.

- Wanting to dress up my window boxes for fall. Any suggestions? I'd like to have something not living so they don't freeze on me in two weeks. Sadly, the flowers in there are looking old and tired.

- Pesto cavatappi with chicken for supper! I imitated a dish from Noodles which is now a family favorite. Yum.

- Landscaping in the front of the house is finally coming! Today they kill grass. Next week they plant. Hooray!

I think this is boring enough.

10 comments:

  1. Never boring!! I love your posts. How about Ornamental corn, squash, pumpkins and pinecones in your boxes? Do you have Mountain Ash berries? They would colour things up. Post pictures of whatever you do!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our two dogs are farm dogs, and they are in one of the family pictures. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI you can make cremebrulee in one big porcelain tart dish if you so desire-do the water bath the same etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cremebrulee by the way :) had to finish off 10 of them after over estimating for the crowd we had. Took about three days to do it but was well worth it becaue I lost three pounds in the process! It must have been all the eggs and cream! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What???? Archie & V. got married??? where have I been? maybe it's just a bad dream? (hehe!)
    and no, your posts are not boring, if they were I wouldn't come back to read them all the time!
    And, I've never even heard of cremebrulee, let alone made it or tasted it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm disgusted with the Archie people for marrying him off and disgusted with his choice... how pathetic... and what kind of mom would Veronica be? give me a break.

    re the family pic- why not do one with Lisi, one without... she is rather a part of the family, after all.

    re the creme brulee- this is something well worth learning... and then well worth remembering in case I ever get to your house (cough)... or maybe I should just try to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm behind the times with Archie but I guess they need to grow sometime. I really think Betty was the one for Archie. Like Anita said what kind of mother will Veronica be?? I can't see her changing diapers or burping.

    I like it when the family picture includes the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty is better off without him. Perhaps Veronica will have a child just like her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what? what is going to happen to ethel? are they going to pair everyone off? their story line will go down.....where will be all the tension over who Archie likes? And if you pair Ethel off with Jughead that will totally finish that story line..not that it's featured very much cuz she's not curvaceous. (sorry bout the spelling problem there)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto on hardly being able to comprehend A&V getting married. Weird. If you have people in the picture with your dog, then it's fine. It might even be OK if you leave the people out. ;-) At least my sister thinks so.

    ReplyDelete