Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Lazies

I should be 'laboring' right now. But I'll get at it soon.

* Most impressed with the Chairman. For the 3rd time I was thoroughly surprised. Maybe some day it won't surprise me. But not yet. He's... well... just great. I'm so lucky for him for lots of reasons.

* Three weddings down. One to go. Each are completely unique in their own way. Even though we're attending four in two months, they all are exciting. This last one was for a man I've known basically my whole life. It is so neat to see a guy at age 42 finally with the one right for him. He just beamed. Looking forward to the one in October too!

* We are now camping people. And it is really stressful fun! Getting it all figured out is a big deal. And learning about water pumps and hitches and extra brake thingys all add to the mix. But we took it for a 24 hour trial and it was just great fun! I remember camping a lot as a kid. But my folks did the work and I was the one wandering around checking out the outhouses while they set up and started supper. Now I'm making the supper and my kids are wandering around. The overly-bred, sometimes brilliant dog came along. And! No stories for her to share. She was just... well in my humble opinion, flawless in her behavior! Really! Like she always went camping! We ended up not even having her tied up as she was just content to hang out by us.

* We wanted to have an abode for convention(s) and for Door County and for a couple other times each year. But really, I was wondering why people camp? It is LOTS of work. Getting stuff packed. Making sure you have the right stuff. Then once you're there you have to start working again. Then the accommodations (even in the nicest of units) isn't like home. It is smaller in every way - the bed, the kitchen, the table, etc. And you're hauling water. And you've got dirt between your toes. And it gets cold at night. But you know what? It's worth it. Every little bit of effort. The memories are priceless. And... since the Chairman came from a non-camping family, I'm most impressed he was all for it!

* And so this week will most likely turn out to be just awesome again. It is every year. And I think this one will not fail either. I look forward to bathroom duty again! Kinda. Sorta. Maybe. Depends on how much fiber is served.

3 comments:

  1. I don't come to your blog often, since you're in my google reader...but wanted to say I enjoyed your side-bar quotes!! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple days...maybe we'll be camping neighbors again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learn something new every day. I didn't know that they make tent models with water pumps and brakey things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I followed along during your special days. I sure was thankful for the bathroom crew when I was on beds! Sure you now have a full and encouraged heart.

    ReplyDelete