Friday, September 4, 2009

Alone-time

It's a guilty pleasure. And a very simple one. Once the kids are in school, I thoroughly enjoy having lunch alone. I can eat leftovers be creative and please only myself (and maybe a wee bite to the pooch). I peruse the paper. And on days like today, enjoy the outdoors at the same time. I do know when I have talked to older ones that have lost a spouse, eating alone is dreadful. And I can see that part of it too. But at this stage of my life, no one is spilling. No one is pushing. No one is burping (or worse!). No one interrupting. And no one complaining about the menu. And so I enjoy the guilty pleasure of alone-time. Because very very soon the bus will come. And then I'm so happy to see their dear faces. Put out the snacks. And feel renewed because I. Was. Alone.

This was my lunch today. Leftovers thrown together. But I must share my very simple corn black bean salsa recipe.

Corn Black Bean Salsa

1-15 oz. can black beans
1-10 oz. can Ro-Tel tomatoes (with lime juice and cilantro)
1-8.5 oz. whole kernel corn
1/2 cup chopped onion
Shakes of Tabasco sauce or finely chopped hot peppers

Mix up and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are great. You can write about such simple things and put a smile on my face. To come to your blog and find an update is a bonus in my day.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit...I am really starting to enjoy my quite time during the day too. Take's getting use to for a bit, but I find my self enjoying it in a strange way.

    ReplyDelete