Monday, November 23, 2009

In Two's or too's?

Today I have two kinds of cold symptoms (sore throat and sneezing). Baked two kinds of cookies (Mexican wedding cakes and a oatmeal choc. chip), two batches of dinner rolls. Two walks with the dog. Two loads of laundry. And! Finished the last two chapters of "The Tale of Despereaux". Really a kids' book, but enjoyable nonetheless. Oh. And was on the phone two times. I think that sums that up.

A year ago tonight I went into the ER at 3:00 am for excruciating pain which turned out to be a kidney stone. This year I'm thankful for drinking lots more water and (HOPEFULLY!) not having a repeat performance on that.

Uber-cool wood stove fan came today via the free delivery of Amazon.com. It's little blades start whirling around once the stove reaches 300 degrees. No electric needed!

I'm so looking forward to the end of this week. We'll have a ton of people here on Thursday and for that we're thankful. Mostly relatives, but friends that feel like relatives too. It usually starts early and ends late.

And! Then I get to see some other VIP family members after that! Throw in a "Nutcracker" performance with the girls and... (happy sigh)

But first... I must be too busy. Doing too much. In too little time. Happy Thankfulness to you and yours...

5 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful Thanksgiving with all your family 'TOO'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds glorious... except for the cold symptoms. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. Know you will. I look forward to eating myself into a food coma. No really. I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stopped by your blog this morning. I LOVE it! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed when I realized that I reached out for my water and took a long swallow after reading about your kidney stone... by all means, let's avoid that!

    ReplyDelete