Monday, November 9, 2009

Mundane Monday

* But I like them. It's quiet. I can get the house back in order. The laundry done and stacked in neat piles. And be ready for the chaos that erupts again in 7 hours.

* Trevor caught a big one! His good friend Denver came over on Friday and spent the night. Saturday afternoon I took them to 'the dam' a few minutes away. Told the boys to come get me if they need something. I settle in with the newspaper and quietness and 10 minutes later Denver walks up and says, 'you should come see the fish Trevor caught'. (insert heavy sigh... ok, sure) and there it was! A 29" northern! It caused quite a stir in the fishing world there at the pond. And the smile on T's face was great. I didn't have my camera and so there's no picture to share. Only the measurement that someone did for us.

* Rayna still wants non-breakfast food for breakfast. Today was a cold meatball left over from yesterday's spaghetti. T&M look at her like she's really disgusting. In fact, me too. But what is wrong with it? It's usually nutritious. And she's eating.

* Mira told me the other day that she loves homemade bread and toast so much that she's coming over every morning for breakfast no matter how old she gets. Um... why don't you learn how to make it yourself and then you don't have to come over? What's that saying about not giving them fish but teaching them how to fish?

* Windows are all getting washed in and out tomorrow and not by me! Maybe we'll have a brighter outlook!

* Is there any reason why I'm getting unsolicited e-mails from AARP?

* Are any of you brand-loyal to certain products? I seem to always buy Dawn dish soap. Or Cheer powder (because it's a great value from Sam's), or Pantene shampoo. Anyone have suggestions on the best... whatever?

* I kinda created a family favorite that is super-simple. Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. Add either cooked regular rice, or add more water and throw in a half-cup or so of Minute rice. Also a drained can of kidney or black beans. And after that simmers a few minutes throw in about a cup of shredded cheese (whatever you have on hand). Let warm for about five minutes and serve with crushed tortilla chips and shredded lettuce, tomato, salsa on top. It's very easy and yum for our family.

* I better get a move on it or the chaos will be here before the jobs are done.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Monday too...all for the same reasons you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds kind of like the taco salad i had tonight! yum. and that fish? WAY TO GO TREVOR!! I'll tell my boys about that one!! What a memory! Who needs pictures of those kinds of memories, eh? too fun!

    ReplyDelete