Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sunday night thoughts

Wow... the past week was great. Fun. And funny too! Just a few thoughts...

* You know your Thanksgiving party was a real hoot when someone calls the next day wondering if we found their teeth! (I am not making this up... I promise!)

* I notice that when the fracas in the back seat gets worse that the Chairman drives faster. I asked him tonight, do you really think you can out-run them by speeding up?

* We went to a lovely performance of "Nutcracker" on Saturday. It was nice, the music serene. But at the falling of the curtain at the end Mira yells out so they could hear at least five rows up... 'FINALLY!'.

* Absence makes the heart grow fonder. It only took 36 hours for me.

* I still love my mom's German Chocolate cake. And pecan pie. And pumpkin. And the turkey gravy. My waistline doesn't.

* Holidays are nice, but normal is nice too. I look forward to it. And really isn't that a good thing? Loving 'ordinary' days?

* Someone dear is going far away this week with the simple intent to bring help to others. I can't stop thinking about it.

Happy new week ahead!

3 comments:

  1. Happy new week--happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing teeth? We had none of that. Sounds interesting. We did have talk about gas (although it didn't come up for one whole hour which was nothing short of a miracle in this family... Shawn & Koral were timing it!), however, and Aunt Linda kept suggesting we take "enzymes".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess your turkey was something they could really sink their teeth into. Huh?

    ReplyDelete