Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wed. without wonder



* Lisi got a new toy. This time without stuffing. Neat idea, eh? It's a buffalo with five squeakers. An early birthday present if you will... She's very happy.

* I found a tooth. Did some deep cleaning yesterday since the window cleaners were here. I'm not sure why. But I dug behind one hutch to wipe it down and out comes a tooth! Not just any tooth. One of my kids' teeth! That's something you don't find every day.

* The Chairman left for a bit over 24 hours and should be home tonight. It was a thrill to get a text picture last night of Times Square with an endearing message.

* Rayna's basketball team keeps winning. And I keep hooting and hollering like a crazy lady cheering from the stands.

* I've been quite riveted with a blog that is written by someone I don't even know. The baby has had heart trouble and it is so interesting to follow their journey.

* Since the Chairman was away, I allowed a child to sleep with me last night. As Jerry Seinfeld said once, it's like sleeping with a laundry bag with a live collie inside.

* Trevor has been telling me about "Honey Buns". I thought it was a term of endearment. Then he said he was trading (his perfectly healthy lunch choices I packed for him) for a "Honey Bun". So finally I ask what they are and he's describing it to me. Well at the store I see them. Lo and behold they are Little Debbie breakfast snacks. I scan the nutrition label, shudder, and then buy them to see a little kid smile big today. But... I doubt they are regulars in my shopping cart.
* And finally... how old is too old to have a security blanket? We're having issues. Or maybe not.



10 comments:

  1. There is never a test question in skool when did you give up your blankie. My daughters took theirs to college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a deprived childhood if you never had a honey bun. Heat them til slightly warm...oh my!
    Security blanket...don't sweat the small stuff. When this child is a teenager they will give you plenty to sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a extremely flat pillow that I'm pretty sure carries the remaining feathers from my 1st little pillow. I'd still sleep with it except my daughter has adopted it as her lovey. And I'll not even mention what Nolan's is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait till honeybuns is a classmate!!....it wasn't honey buns for me but I always tried to trade for doritos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. Isnt Duane kind of like your security blanket!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who cares about the blanket! ITs not a pacifier or thumb in public. As long as the blanket stays in bed who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no sweat on the security blanket...I notice my SIL still sleeps with a favorite pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When you hit 100, then you MIGHT be getting too old for a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry about the blanket. One thing that might work (did for us), is to let whichever child it is pick out some fleece and make it into a small pillow that they can sleep with. Blankie subtitute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kiah and I had a weekend away together last weekend. HUGE king-sized bed. Me, squished almost off the edge, with her bony little elbows and knees poking into me at every turn. Bill said I should have gotten up and climbed in on the other side of the bed. No doubt, those elbows and knees would have found me anyway! :-) The weekend was great though, and worth all the bruises!

    ReplyDelete