Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stream of thoughts...

By now some of you would know we just returned very late last night from the Sunshine State. It lived up to its name with glorious sun-filled days in the 80's. It was very, very nice. And I. Am. Exhausted. My mean older brother didn't live up to his name. He was almost nice the whole time. Oh sure he had some fun with me, but who doesn't? His lovely wife lived up to hers. His three great sons were great as always. Our lodging went from a roomy house to a two-bedroom suite to a one-room with two queens. The last night I slept sideways on a queen bed with the girls and came to find out that M rides an imaginary bike throughout the night. Sometimes my head was the 'pedal'. Deep sea fishing and T didn't work well together. He lost breakfast not once but three times and fished the last 15 minutes before we headed back to shore. 'Grunter fish' really grunt when you catch them. The sun's rays are piercing on the water. We have burns to show for it. Disney is ridiculous amounts of money. Cape Canaveral was worth the money. And the time with friends (actually relatives) on Sunday was priceless and probably the high point of it all. Thank you to the K's! Your family is inspiring. Our flight was delayed last night, but only by an hour. When I see the red 'delayed' on the board, it makes me queasy. The kids traveled like real champs. Eating out more than three meals in a row isn't fun. I'm not an 'eating out' kind of person. After awhile, it all looks and tastes the same. My tennis elbow has almost completely recovered. I think that means I didn't work much for a week. The bread is rising. The groceries are bought. The dog is happily home from the kennel. And so if any of you have a family of any size, you'd know the monster laundry pile starting at me. So off I go. Pictures will follow sometime...

3 comments:

  1. Love your bicycle comment... hahaha... can totally relate after sleeping in a queen size bed with two little boys a couple of weekends ago. So glad you had such a good trip. Can't wait to see pictures. Jealous, jealous, jealous of your time with the K's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fun time...hope you have just as much fun settling back in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.....this looked like a nice paragraph post but was a cleverly disguised bulleted post instead. I can spot those from a mile away. ;-)

    ReplyDelete