Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursdays thoughts...


Making jam! Strawberry freezer. A good deal on berries at the local warehouse store. They're deep red and it's setting up nicely. Two loaves of bread rising, so that's a pretty dandy combo. If you want me to post the 'usual' bread recipe, let me know... it's in the oven about 3x/week here.

I was at another funeral yesterday. The fifth in four months. I think that's a record for me. No, I am not reading obituaries in the paper and seeing if there's free lunch. I may be desperate, but not that...

Rayna went singing today at a nursing home with her class. That wasn't the highlight though. They were going to go to McD's for lunch! She couldn't stop talking about how exciting that part of it would be. (we need to get out more)

Lisi and I hit the road this morning. A few errands for me and then we went to the local lake. Took a big hike. And had a picnic lunch (well I did anyway) on a bench. Chased up some geese, gave four turtles reason to scurry off their rock, and enjoyed the sunshine - although a bit cool on the edges. I keep telling her she's one of the luckiest dogs out there. I do think she knows it.

Trevor is digging a hole. A throw dirt up over your head hole in the field next door. Now he stands in it and just his head peeks out. I'm not sure the reason, but it is giving him a real purpose in being right now. Boys... gotta love 'em.

Mira's made out her birthday list for July already. You may remember crutches were on last year's list. She still has them going nearly daily. You'd almost think something was wrong. Now this year she wants a full supportive leg brace like someone had in school. I jokingly said to her, 'do you want a wheelchair too?'. And her eyes grew big, 'could I???'. I hope she's a nurse or doctor some day.

Washing bedding today. It has been weeks months since I've done the kids beds right properly. Yikes.

Enjoyed celebrating Rayna's day on the 20th. Her special supper request this year was burgers and homemade french fries. I found a recipe for some on allrecipes.com and they were just absolutely scrumptuous. Yum. maybe fattening too.

Speaking of which, since we've lived here for nearly 2 years, I've only unpacked 3 recipe books. Otherwise, I use some favorite sites and voila! Twenty-six recipes for banana bread. Kinda neat!

I think this is way enough...

4 comments:

  1. Enough? Maybe. Too much? Never.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -strawberry freezer jam is the best- I want some, too!
    -I have never come across anyone with such a fixation for crutches, braces, etc as Mira does! Too funny. So- are you going to get her that brace? Makes me giggle...
    -and T and his hole... He should sign on with a farmer or something... could dig fence post holes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes....... please post your bread recipe. Mine isn't too bad but yours might be better...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys and dirt, and when they are big like mine, it is dirty (on the inside) cars. Mine dug a lot of holes in his time and got his sisters in them too.

    ReplyDelete