Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday

We've got a 'special' invite this coming weekend to some the home of our friends. So I stirred up a super-simple frozen pie. Almost feel guilty it's so simple. But it's tasty. And light for after a wonderful meal. It's actually going to be an Indian meal. Yum. The granola is also baking. Have been tweaking the world-famous-highly-requested Chairman's recipe. Trying to keep some spice in his life. Or not. It stinks here. Like really stinks. Like it's manure-spreading season! It lasts a couple of days. Remember a previous post about wanting to be a farmer? Well I don't even mind the PU smell on the fields. Really. It's natural, right? The weather is warm and that makes the kids' immediately thinking of a way to make money. Well not really, but they love love love to have a lemonade stand first chance they get. And this was their first chance. So some very watered-down lemonade got in a pitcher. A request for some disposable cups and they sloshed off with the wagon to the corner. The people kept stopping. It was 50 cents a cup. But oh no! "I'll take three". Hands them $3 in crisp bills and says "keep the change". Can you believe it mom??? They sold out within 10 minutes and came tearing for the house to find more goods to sell. I'd have just given them two dirty quarters and went on my way feeling satisfied I made some kids happy. These folks are trying to outdo the other in niceness. The proceeds are being donated to the school cancer fund. We've been directly affected by cancer. An acquaintance is fighting it hard right now. It's for a good cause. And no post could be complete without something related to the dog, right? Well she thinks it's hot out. Like very hot. Like I gotta find shade and quick hot (when it's 50 degrees out). So she's not enjoying our wonderful spring days as much as she should. Spent a good part of yesterday in the garage on the cement floor. But! We were missing her receiver collar for the invisible fence. I looked and looked and looked and looked yesterday. You know how I cannot stand missing things? Well this was driving me bananas. Asked the kids. Get a glassy-eyed stare back. I dunno they say in unison. Think about where we last saw it. I even about cleaned out the garage top to bottom yesterday in hopes of it turning up under a scooter or inside a rollerblade. Nope. E-mailed the company for replacement cost. $225? You've got to be kidding. So I started to search again and VOILA! It was wrapped in a beach towel that was tossed up into a cupboard when I was frantically cleaning the mud room a few days ago. WHEW! And better still, all the library books are back safely on the shelves with 'Rose'. And soon we get quality family time. I hope it is anyway. My mean older brother and his lovely wife and great sons will be a part of the quality family time. I hope he isn't too mean. Because I'll really let him have it if he is...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely! You let that mean older brother have. I mean, look how long he goes inbetween times when you get together! He has PLENTY of time to recuperate, and is most likely looking forward to LOTS more. So have at it, I say!

    ReplyDelete