Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Vacation Tails

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been able to get on here and tell you about my life. You see the big lady that yells but loves me anyway hogs the computer. Either her or the boy that lives here. He loves to play something where a warrior walks around. I don't get it. But I'm a dog I'm not supposed to. I think the big lady wrote something this morning on here. I think it was about a vacation. I saw a bunch of open suitcases lying by the stairs and 'PU'. It must have been hot there. I've heard her on the phone telling people about warm sun and beaches and being seasick. And it just doesn't seem fair. Because I was on vacation too! And I know you're more interested in my vacation than theirs aren't you? Well???

The big people here take me with them when they go in the camper or for short visits to see my friend Mavrick, but most of the time this

is where I go on vacation. You can read all about it. It's great! We have eating time. We have rest time. And lots and lots of play time. It's all predictable and we dogs like it that way. So this morning the queen lady that helps run the place was talking to the big lady. They're related you know. And the queen lady was telling some stories about me. I tried not to listen, but I overheard her say that I was the most social dog they've almost ever had. I can't figure out why she's surprised by that. Have you seen the people I live with? Yep, social! I'm a golden. We love others... dogs, people, cats (for a good chase), you name it. I romped and played and wrestled and carried on with all of my 'group' there. And! Better still we made a playground. The queen lady was telling the big lady that we dug holes. Of course we did. We're dogs. That's what we do. Dig. And so someone started it (I won't say who) and then one by one we all took a turn and made a HUGE trench. It was so big we'd disappear and then all you'd see is dirt flying out of this hole. It was just great fun. But... this is where the queen lady said something bad. She said that I was involved in something naughty. You see there's a couple of dogs we don't like in our group. And so if they tried to get in the hole we'd chase them out of there. They weren't cool like my friends were. So we would chase them away and continue digging and playing in our new underground trench. This went on for nearly a week. I think the queen lady and the king pin that run that place should actually give me something for starting a playground there. Come to think of it, she did. This place is fancy. Have I said that yet? There's a nice little counter of treats and bones and toys and stuff and I was sniffing and looking and shopping and finally the queen lady got the hint. I heard her ask the big lady, 'do you think Lisi wants a bone to take home?'. Are you nuts queen lady? Of course I do. So the big lady gave me the signal and I grabbed the biggest ol' bone you could find on the shelf. And off we went. The end of vacation with my friends. Sure I didn't have sun and sand and surf. But I had behinds to sniff and trenches to dig. And wide open spaces to have fun. Now it is time to rest up from vacation. I don't think the big lady is today by the looks of her piles.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, Lisi! This sounds like something our 3 y/o Golden would post about some of his vacations too! (He just isn't here at the moment to comment, that's all.) He's one of the rough players in the play group, but is very nice to the little dogs, and lets them take his toys and everything! He does NOT let the other big dogs take his toys. I wonder why that is, Lisi? Do you have an answer for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well everyone had a good vacation then... from the sounds of it. Sometimes I'd like to dig a trench and disappear in it, too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. smile, you are awesome Lisi...a trench?? a getta away plan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm sorry to hear you have a tiny naughty bone in your body..but it made me laugh so is it really THAT naughty? glad you made it through. i'm sure you're glad to be home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisi, I'm so glad you had something to sniff. (I just can't say any more without blushing... but then, I'm not a dog)

    You are my favorite ever Doggie Bloggie!

    ReplyDelete