Friday, April 30, 2010

Mind Surfing





Kinda like channel... except we don't have that appliance. So this is it...! Just took these pictures moments before I started to type. Enjoying all the sights, smells, and sounds of spring. The birds have been persistent again and here's nest #3. Poor little house finches. That's the name of them... so why not nest on the door? Have taken the (world's luckiest) pooch to three different parks with bodies of water in three days. She's most appreciative. In fact she made her little 'purring' sound last night just for walking by her. Saw two more play structures going up in our neighborhood today. The question I pose is: why do people keep buying them? I hardly ever see the neighbor kids on theirs unless they have people visiting. I know there's money involved as we looked into it at one point in our lives. But we opted instead for a dangerous trampoline that the kids love and use a lot. But some are scared to death of them and probably with reason. Mira finally lost her 2nd tooth. With some verbal encouragement and a good tug with dental floss... it flew across the room. The tooth fairy brought some bubble gum and some quarters stacked up after the 3rd day... And why are dandelions considered so bad? I'll admit, we have a green-treated lawn. But the bright yellow buds just scream of spring. Too bad they eventually get so ugly. It's been a very dull week. Maybe my fault, but maybe not. Have kept busy with 'life' here. Today's caramel-pecan rolls rose up b-u-t-ful today. Must be humid. Yum. My much older sister was telling me maybe I have a thyroid problem since my mom and her both have mild cases. I was wondering too since I haven't been able to shed a few pounds since Florida. But maybe the bread/rolls are the culprit as well. But! I'll find out soon at my Dr. appt. I switched doctors. You see the one I was seeing also has children attending our same school. Am I paranoid to not want her being my doctor even though she was good and knowledgeable and thorough? Or maybe I should have kept her and just raise my skirt some evening during a school program and have her look at my rash or whatever. tee-hee. High deductibles will make you do crazy things. And then there's pictures. I realize I haven't printed any off since 2008 - much less put them in books. Shudders. That sounds like a winter project to the nth degree. So don't you go thinking my life is completely in order. I have some faults too you know. Looking forward to a great weekend ahead. Hope yours is too. And now... static. The mind is empty.

1 comment:

  1. But.....NEXT WEEK!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY is coming on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete